Plantain moi moi or Epiti is very easy to make and you can eat it with akamu as you would with beans moi moi or you can choose any other protein of choice.
Eating the moi moi with plantain feels like eating beans and plantain.
1 overripe plantain
1 red bell pepper (tatashe)
1 scotch bonnet chilli (ata rodo)
1 medium-size onion
2tbsp ground crayfish
1/3 cup palm oil (substitute with veg oil)
Few pieces of smoked catfish fillets
100g fine cornmeal (substitute with polenta or flour)
- Peel the plantain and cut into small chunks
- In a blender, add plantain, scotch bonnet chilli, red bell pepper and catfish fillet and blend till smooth
- Empty the pureed plantain into a bowl; add crayfish, salt, seasoning and mix till well combined
- Add palm oil to the mixture and mix thoroughly till well combined
- Add the cornmeal to the mixture and combine well.
- Scoop the mixture into a foil container/ banana leaves/nylon /moi moi leaves/ ramekins and steam on medium heat for 45minutes to 1 hour.
- Check on the plantain pudding intermittently and make sure the pan has enough water to steam.
- Alternately, you can bake the plantain pudding in the oven.
- Take the plantain moi moi off the heat
* You will receive the latest news and updates from AGR!